Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Artistry Culture - Traditional Folk Art of India - Madhubani Art also know as Mithala Art

Traditional Folk Art of India - Madhubani Art also know as Mithila Art


Lord Ganesha


My YouTube video of Madhubani art 

                                                                        Durga Maa

Madhubani painting (Mithila painting) was traditionally created by the women of various communities in the Mithila region of the Indian subcontinent. It originated from Madhubani district of the Mithila region of Bihar. This painting as a form of wall art was practiced widely throughout the region; the more recent development of painting on paper and canvas mainly originated among the villages around Madhubani, This painting is widely known as "Madhubani art" or "Mithila Painting."

The paintings were traditionally done on freshly plastered mud walls and floors of huts, but now they are also done on cloth, handmade paper and canvas. Madhubani paintings are made from the paste of powdered rice.  Madhubani paintings use two-dimensional imagery, and the colors used are derived from plants. OchreLampblack and Red are used for reddish-brown and black, respective.

Madhubani paintings mostly depict people and their association with nature and scenes and deities from the ancient epics. Natural objects like the sun, the moon, and religious plants like tulsi are also widely painted, along with scenes from the royal court and social events like weddings. Generally, no space is left empty; the gaps are filled by paintings of flowers, animals, birds, and even geometric designs. Traditionally, painting was one of the skills that was passed down from generation to generation in the families of the Mithila Region, mainly by women. It is still practiced and kept alive in institutions spread across the Mithila region. 

The Folk art and painting or India attracts me a lot. Painting is always my passion but over the period of time it was lost and I got busy in my job and daily routine. During lockdown time I got plenty of time to think about what I love to do the most. What makes me happy? What I can do any time? I rediscover my passion for painting. When lots of depression all over the world due to CORONA, I spend time in my painting and made myself stress free and able to maintain my mental health. Some of my lockdown art work and video I am putting here.

                                                                        Krishna


Most of the traditional art, you will see the picture of nature, birds, fish, plants, pictures of god and goddess.



4 comments:

  1. what is your view? which is your art form?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely beautiful. Didn't know the history of this wonderful style.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Mahi you like it.

      Delete
  2. What makes you happy? What is your passion?

    ReplyDelete

Diverse culture of India - Uttarakhand

Devo Bhumi Uttrakhand - Kumaon region India has a diverse culture, food, religions and traditions. The colorful festivals Diwali, Holi, Raks...